Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Weekly Menu Planner & Freezer Inventory.

Half of the stress of dinner is due to being disorganized.  Here are two tools that I have been using to help my scattered self become a little more efficient. Click on the link to download from Google docs.

Freezer Inventory Sheet (Download or print)

  • I write my stack of freezer meals from the exchange so that none get forgotten.
  • Helps me keep track of all the great deals on meats, etc, that I need to use up.
  • It helps with meal planning, I sit with this list, my calendar and the weekly flyers to be most effective
  • Helps me fight the infamous freezer burn.
  • Allows me to know why the door won't close


Weekly Menu Planning Sheet (Download or print)
When I use this:

  • I  grocery shop appropriately and eat properly! 
  • I ACTUALLY make the recipes I clip from magazines & web, because I planned to have the ingredients when I need them.
  • I use up my freezer items that I have bought on sale, remember to defrost them, and save time.
  • Am prepared to make my freezer exchange meals, even clearing some space in the freezer helps!
  • This helps me keep a record of what I cooked in the past.
  • Most of all, I am way less hurried and stressed everyday at 4 pm when I start thinking about or making dinner.
Enjoy!  Let me know if you have a better system, I will post any other resources or tips!
Pretty basic in style, but a quick template for planning goes a long  way.



No comments:

Post a Comment