Sunday, February 6, 2011

How is all got started. Part 2:The group.

Our group came together quite quickly, and has now become big enough that this month's hostess said, "My home is open, but this number is probably the limit that my house can handle!"
It all began with a few verbal invites to people who were open to the idea.
I was discouraged after the first two invites, since they both looked at me with overwhelmed faces and explained that their kids were super picky eaters, there was no time in their busy schedules and it was too large an expense.
I decided it was idea worth the effort so I continued down my cell phone contact list for those who were adventurous enough to cook multiple meals at a time and juggle household duties as well!
The next step was to send out an email addressing guidelines for the swap, and of course, to offer a reply option so that we could all get excited about our future dinners.



Hi ladies, 

When you get to the kitchen are you tired of making 'the same old thing'?  With cold weather, running around, school stuff and less sunlight I wanted to try another Dinner Exchange. The idea is cook one massive batch of something, and get 4 different dinners back.  Don't panic about how many are invited...you only have to cook 4 dinners!
We will get together (INSERT DATE), in the morning at 10 am, have some coffee and muffins, and do the exchange!

 Bring 1 or 2 of your favourite recipes (written out, typed, whatever. I have a photocopier.) and we will put together a little binder for when the suppers run out and we have no ideas.  
Think of those easy recipes that are your fallbacks, family favourites, or lifesaver recipes!  


Hope you guys can make it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment