Saturday, February 5, 2011

How it all got started. Part 1:

Many years ago, just like today, I was getting dinner started.  Bought my groceries, started my prep, put the food on the table, did the dishes.  This was a normal night and still is.  As I turned on the oven that night, I thought to myself, "How many people in my building were doing the exact same thing at this very moment."
The thought continued: What if  each person in this building took turns cooking for each other,  it would be such a time and energy saver for everyone.  It really is not a big deal to make a little extra when you are already in the thick of it!  We never did cook for our neighbours, other than the rare dinner, or maybe a batch of muffins, but I liked where the thought was going.
               This dinner swap, is not a new idea but was the answer to my thoughts that night:  Cook once, eat for a week!   Moms and ladies working together to make dinnertime a little easier.  
Even though we have just started, I look forward to this part of the month.  It is inspiring to meet new people in a similar place in life as myself, get inspiration from them and new foods and recipes, and of course...get a freezer full of meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment