Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mango Curried Chicken Drumsticks.

This is by far, a 'best ever' recipe in my household I had a craving for a sweet curry dish one night and adapted some recipes with what I had in the cupboard.  I did this one for our first recipe exchange and it got rave reviews.  I literally threw all the ingredients in a freezable ziplock bag and froze it.  You can also whip this together and have it on the table within the hour while your rice is cooking and you read the kids a book!


In the crock pot, I added lots of potatoes (2 hours left on high) and then cauliflower  (1 hour left on high) which cooked with the chicken and absorbed all the flavours.  There was still lots of sauce, so I added more cooked potatoes for "next day" lunches.
1 or two chopped onions
4 Tbsps Curry paste (I use Pataks mild curry paste)
2 Tbsps lime juice
6 Tbsps Mango spread adds the sweetness (I use Clic brand)
4 Tbsps soya sauce
1 or 2 cloves garlic minced
10-16 skinless chicken drumsticks 

Rub the chicken with this sauce
Put it all in a slow cooker for 3-4 hours high, 8 hours low 
or 350 degrees for about an hour in the oven.  
Serve over rice, the sauce (which is UNBELIEVABLE) will act like a gravy.

FREEZER:  Can be given un-cooked in a ziplock bag with the sauce or pre-cooked.

Notes:
Last hour of cooking, add cut cauliflower or potatoes (2 hours+)and mix in the sauce makes a delicious side. 
If you cannot find mango spread you can use:
Mango chutney & honey
or mango purée & honey
Or apricot jam

No comments:

Post a Comment