Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer French fries.

 Summer is here, and meal planning is at it's very worst for me.  There  are just too many wonderful things to do when it's hot outside, including water, camping, sunning, etc.
BBQ is my default, since there is no way I want to turn on the oven.
On a night when the cupboards were getting bare, this seemed like a good idea.  It was surprisingly easy and of course, reminded me of the many chip wagons that can be found in my hometown of Ottawa.  All that is missing is some grilled sausage, ketchup or flavoured mayo, and some fresh salad.
 Really Easy...
 Cut up your desired amount of potaoes, skin and all, into wedges or strips (thinner cook quicker).
Toss them in olive oil or your choice of oil.
Salt & Pepper generously.
Cook over BBQ on a sheet such as this or foil.
Takes about 20-30 minutes, depending on the heat from your grill or the amount of fries you do!
Of course,  while cooking , I always seem to have ample entertainment. Eating outside is a given, but so is bathtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment