Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette.

A beautiful salad needs a beautiful dressing!  The red in this salad is Radicchio, has a bitter taste that adds a lots of depth and color to any lettuce salad.  


Friends were coming over any minute and I needed a great salad dressing for a very plain salad. I was craving a vinaigrette with a little sweetness to balance off the bitter arugula in the salad.  This one is a great mix of sweetness, vinegar, and oil.  Stores well in the fridge for another couple of servings.

  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Place the vinegar, onion, soy sauce, honey, sugar, garlic, and red pepper flakes into a blender.
 Puree on high, gradually adding the olive oil. Continue pureeing 2 minutes, or until thick.
Pour over individual salad servings 
or add to a large bowl of salad and toss right before serving.
Everyday ingredients can come together to make a great salad dressing.   The clear container on the right is the finished product.  I put it in a cream pitcher for serving at the table to look a little prettier.  I am storing the leftover dressing in an empty olive oil bottle, labelled, and ready for the next salad. 
From: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/honey-balsamic-vinaigrette-2/Detail.aspx

2 comments:

  1. this was SO GOOD. I dipped bread in it, slathered my salad with it, even put some on my steak! And let's be honest, I could have drank it... Making this recipe for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should clarify. We used hot chili flakes when I made this. Very good if you like things a little spicy!

    ReplyDelete