Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How to divvy it up.

The pressure of deciding who gets what! Good job, M!

I am eagerly anticiapting the next swap, not that I have anything ready at all, but still excited, nonetheless!
Last time we had a few hiccups with dividing up the food.
In my pre-planning, I thought it would be a straight forward GIVE and GET, but with so many people involved, it took a little more planning.
We have been offering people a chance to make either 4 or 8 meals, which seems to be just enough choice, yet not overwhelming.  We also offer a 1 "preference"and 1 "rather not" option, (2 if you brought 8 meals.) I like that choice because sometimes our families have aversions, or preferences that we would like recognized.
 Otherwise it is a lottery, where you take what you get, but  we do try to vary the selections that people don't get all the same kind of meal. (example: all pasta, all chicken, etc.)
This time I am going to print out everyone's meals on slips of paper and just move them around like game pieces.  It's chaos at the point of getting the meals, but at least dividing up the spoils will be quicker this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment